Play Island View Golf Club and discover golf’s best kept secret.
We welcome public players to enjoy our challenging 18-hole, semi-private golf course in Waconia, Minnesota, near the shores of scenic Lake Waconia. After your round of golf you can sit out on the patio to enjoy a beverage, or have casual meal in our restaurant, Vandy’s Grille.
Public players may make tee times up to 3 days in advance by calling the Pro Shop 952-442-6116, ext #2, or booking a tee time below.
Public Player – $62
Junior Player – $30
Public Player – $74
Junior Player – $30
Cart Rental per seat – $25
Practice Fee – Included with all greens fees. $15 when not golfing
Twilight Rate – $50
Twilight Cart Rental per seat – $17
The course may be closed for public play on select Mondays. The course is closed for public play Wednesdays 11:00A–1:00P and Thursdays after 10:00A. Ladies have priority start times on Wednesdays 3:00–5:30P.
Golf Course Information
- Approved spikeless shoes are required.
- All players must register at the Pro Shop prior to play.
- All golfers should seek shelter immediately if bad weather is impending.
- No pets are allowed on the property.
- IVGC is not responsible for losses or damage to vehicles, equipment or personal property.
Golf Course Rules
- USGA rules govern all play except where superseded by local rules.
- Specific approval from the Pro Shop is required to start on a tee other than number one.
- IVGC staff will combine players in threesomes and foursomes during periods of heavy demand for starting times.
- Fivesomes will only be allowed at the discretion of the Pro Shop.
- If more than four players are approved, at least three carts are mandatory, and there must be three member players in that group.
- All golfers must have their own set of clubs.
- Standard golf etiquette will apply. Use proper language and conduct at all times.
Junior Golf Course Rules
CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE
Not allowed on the course at any time. Driving range access at the discretion of the Pro Shop.
CHILDREN AGES 5–9
Any time after 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Any time after 3pm on Saturday and Sunday. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult, and keep up with the pace of play.
CHILDREN AGES 10–13
Anytime, with an adult, after 10:00am, other than Thursdays. Without an adult, children ages 10-13 may play after 5:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and after 3:00pm on Saturdays and Sunday.
CHILDREN AGES 14–17
Full playing privileges other than on Thursdays. On Saturday and Sunday before 10:00am, they must be accompanied by an adult.
**As with other golf courses rules, the Pro Shop has discretion on all play.
Appropriate attire must be worn on the golf course and practice areas. Approved spikeless shoes are required. Note: No cutoffs, short shorts, sweats, tank tops, halter tops or bare midriff tops.
- Men: Appropriate golf attire is required including a collared or golf-appropriate shirt
- Ladies: Golf-specific medium-length skirts, slacks, or golfing shorts with appropriate blouse or golf shirt
Pace of Play
- Island View’s Pace of Play Policy is four hours or less.
- Confine “practice” to putting green, driving range and chipping area.
- Play “ready golf”. The first player ready to hit should do so if the player with honors is not ready.
- Be ready to play when it’s your turn. As you approach your ball or wait for others to play, plan your shot and select a club.
- To help with the search for a ball, watch the ball all the way until it stops and then line it up with a visual marker. If a ball appears to be out of bounds or lost, play a provisional ball to avoid delay.
- Help others find lost balls, but do not spend more than five (5) minutes looking. If others are waiting, do not retrieve balls out of water, ponds or wet areas. Mark your scorecard on the next tee, not on the green.
- Be aware of your time and make adjustments if necessary. If you are playing slow, notice if it is affecting others and work to improve your pace.
- Slower groups must allow faster groups to play through when there is room ahead.
- Do no leave course property to look for lost balls.
- Excessive delay between nines is cause for losing your playing position. Continued play can only be rescheduled by the Pro Shop or starter.
- Please keep pace with the group in front of you.
Care of the Golf Course
- Ball marks on the green - please repair your ball mark, plus one other, on each green using a tee or divot repair tool.
- Divots - replace displaced turf and step it down firmly, or fill divot area from sand/seed bottles provided on carts.
- Sand Bunkers - before leaving bunker, carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints, leaving the rake out of the bunker away from green side.
- Golf Bags and Handcarts - please do not pull handcarts, or lay golf bags, on the putting green surface. Handcarts must not be pulled across tees or greens.
- Litter - please put litter in cans provided on each tee.
- Keep golf carts on cart paths when possible. Follow appropriate signs. When signs are not provided, avoid driving over previously made cart tracks.
- No more than two (2) riders are allowed in any golf cart.
- No more than three (3) sets of clubs are allowed on any one golf cart. Children under sixteen (16) are not allowed to drive golf carts.